The monastery at Berkasovo, a village in Šid county, is dedicated to Saint Parascheva of the Balkans, and it is the westernmost monastery of Fruška Gora. The Temple of Saint Parascheva has been declared a monastery on the 8th of August, 2008, the date of the church slava. The Monastery is a nunnery.
The Church of Saint Parascheva as it is today was raised in the second half of the 19th century. A healing spring can be found within monastery grounds, next to which a wooden church, also known as a vodica, stands. According to a written source from 1863, people would come from all over to the wooden church, which later burned down. An inscription in marble claiming a man from Dubrovnik recovered from a heavy illness thanks to these waters is just one of many praising its healing powers. The fort-town Berkasovo was held by Vuk Grgurević once, and later by despot Jovan Branković as well, one of the patrons of the nearby monastery, Privina glava.
on the map location
- Lat: 45.168266
- Long: 19.264406
- Alt: 184 m